[vdr] Re: What CAM for SECA2 (Canal Satellite) ?

Reiner Rosin wrote:

- I will go for a PCI CI attached to my Nova card. Is there any
specific hardware version number I should be careful at ?

!!! This won't work. The NOVA CI interface is not supported by the driver.
To use a CAM you have to buy a ff-card.

So I've just gone through the dvb kernel source code to see what's going on. Apparently, this is the intent. See dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/budget-ci.c under cvs for details. Does someone know if it really works ? If yes, on which kernel : 2.4.20+ or 2.6.x ? on both ?

If I remember well what I read on this ml, vdr works on 2.6.testX + dvb-kernel-cvs. Is it a card that is worth playing, betting on the bright future of dvb-kernel or am I on a wrong way ? Remember I want to build a vdr box based on budget tt + pci ci + magic module + dxr3.

Thx all for your help.

Best regards,
Reiner

Cheers.