[vdr] Re: cam module

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Laurent Farcy wrote:

>Have you seen the document related to the CAM support in VDR ? It is
>available at ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/cams.txt. In fact, a few
>DVB/CI/CAM trios are really supported. For instance, if your CI is 3.5",
>you can't be sure it works, at least from what's written in this document.

I think I remember that Klaus said that the cams.txt file isn't really
maintained anymore.

Personally I'd like some user comments on the CI:s for Hauppauge DVB-c
cards. There is the one that is the size of a floppy drive:

http://www.hauppauge.de/prod_ci.htm

and then there is also one that fits into a PCI slot (if Hauppauges web
pages sucked just slightly less I could find a pic for that one too). Do
these actually work when combined with a full featured rev 2.x DVB-c card
and a Conax CAM? Anyone tried? The Conax per se reportedly works well, but
in what environment? I've already ordered a Conax CAM, so it would be nice
to find it a buddy that talks nicely with it. :)

Regards,
    Chakie

--
  In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
   very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.