[vdr] Re: Fwd: vdrconvert and add.sh

"Joachim König" schrieb am Montag, den 01. Dezember 2003:

> I have a problem with the add.sh from vdrconvert. The shell variable
> in bash is only a long integer and now I have overruns when the
> script tries fo calculate the shrinkfaktor for my DVDs. The total
> size of my movie is about 5.2 GB and this overflows the shell
> variable. My question now is what shell should I use with
> vdrconvert. The bash does not work for me.

Try upgrading your bash.  I also had problems with this but after
upgrading bash everything works correct.  I now use 2.05b-12 (Debian
package from sarge/sid), while I had problems with 2.05a-11 (Debian
package from woody).

And don't forget, that vdrconvert uses /bin/sh, while all the scripts
require /bin/bash.  So you will run into trouble, if /bin/sh doesn't
point to /bin/bash but to /bin/dash or something like this...

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--
 * roland@spinnaker.de * http://www.spinnaker.de/ *