[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: mhp-0.0.3

Marcel Wiesweg schrieb:

> Sorry that I didn't notice your plugin earlier, I should have announced in
> this list, we should not have duplicated our efforts. There's already some
> code for dsmcc, AIT parsing, and something more. Well, it's not really
> published, I posted a sort of pre-announcement on the dsmcc mailing list,
> sorry you didn't get to know it. libsi - which will ship with VDR 1.3 -
> parses AIT. There is a C++ port of the dsmcc plugin.

I am aware of the dsmcc plugin but in the beginning of my thesis it
wasn't in a useful state. The most of the parsing stuff in my plugin
was already written in april/may 2003. As the mhp plugin is part of my
thesis I just wanted to release it to the community. Beside the
parsing stuff there already exists some code to
capture/display/control mhp applications (which is tested on some
sample xlets), which I will release in some weeks I think.

> Please note (also the "MHP already possible" thread) that implementing MHP is
> a lot of non-trivial work, and no, it is not yet possible, but it is only a
> question of investing time because the specs are free.

I know it isn't possible for a single person like me to implement a
full mhp-stack. On my investigations I discovered XletView
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/xletview/) maybe this is a good
start.

> So I guess we should join our forces ;-)

This is a good idea i think.

Andreas