[vdr] Re: bitstreamout and shm problems?!

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:16:42AM +0100, Markus Schorer wrote:
> hi all,
>
> with werner's and thomas' patches i was able to compile the plugin.
> but there still are issues to be resolved:
> - vdr writes 3 errors ala "cannot find handle 0x0000xgcbdy in
>   vdr_memory_0-2" . sorry, this is not the real message but you should
>   get the idea.

Never seen that, does this also happen with a vanilla VDR and
bitstreamout as the only plugin?
Do you have seen something like:

     shm_free pointer 0x........ not found in alloc space

within /var/log/messages?  IMHO you can ignore this message.
If this is not the message I'd like to know to which tool/lib this
new message belongs to ... this because I've never seen such a
message.

>   when i have a look at /dev/shm with vdr running i see about 10
>   entries "vdr_memory_x". when i quit vdr the three that vdr complained
>   about stay, all others disappear.

In other words this is something like a leak.

> - when i switch from ard to zdf, my opt-spdif-out lights! but shouldn't
>   i get switch-language option in the main menu?
>   is this what i need the -o option is for?
>   then the docu should be more clear.

Hmmm ... the manual page I've written says:

       -o, --onoff
              to enable an control entry in the main menu of  VDR
              to  change  the  values  of the plugin.  An further
              menu is available under the main  configuration  at
              point plugins.  On or Off.

... I do not use this menu and the new extensions written by
Sven ;^)

> btw, vdr is 1.2.6, bitstreamout 0.48, dvd, graphlcd, console, mp3.
> all this on slackware 9.1

Which gcc/glibc/kernel(and its patches) is used ...

         Werner