[vdr] Re: DECT-Problems... again... :(

> My case is a spring ' 98 Medion. As far as I know the power supply has no  ground line for grounding it via the case...

You can easily check the shielding. Take a multimeter switch it to continuity test (german: Durchgangsprüfer) or
restistance test (german: Ohmmeter), unplug the main power supply of the computer but do not unplug the cable from the
voltage regualtor of the PC.
Take the computers main plug, connect the first probe (german: Messspitze) of the isntrument to the ground contact
(german: Schutzkontakt des Schukosteckers) and the second probe of the instrument on the metal of the DVB
card.Important: unplug all cables on the computer execept of power supply cabel.
You should hear a sound of the continuity tester or see a low ohm value (less than 10 Ohms) on the resistance tester.

You can test this with the housing and all other metal parts of the computer as well. If you don´t hear the beep, you
have propably a shielding problem.

Andreas