[vdr] Re: vdr and kernel 2.6, problem

Mario Goegel wrote:

Dipl. Ing. Werner Punz schrieb:

the problem is, I now moved to the final kernel 2.6 version, I compiled
the integrated DVB drivers and they compiled fine, and seem to load:

here is the driver list:

saa7146_vv 43904 1 dvb_ttpci
dvb_core 54676 1 dvb_ttpci
video_buf 17604 1 saa7146_vv
saa7146 14500 2 dvb_ttpci,saa7146_vv
v4l1_compat 13380 1 saa7146_vv
v4l2_common 3840 1 saa7146_vv
videodev 7168 1 saa7146_vv
ttpci_eeprom 2240 1 dvb_ttpci

so far the technotrend driver registers fine and gives me the message that it is registered as device 0, VDR also compiles fine, but once I start vdr I get following message:

vdr: no primary device found - using first device!

I'm ready with my migration to 2.6 before 5 minutes and my system is now
working fine.
I had the same problem - you only have to load the module

ves1x93

which is the dvb tuner. Some time ago the alps_bsrv2 module was used as
tuner.
When you load this modules you should see in your syslog a message about
"DVB device registering...bla".

Copy&Paste these lines to an script to load the modules

          modprobe ttpci_eeprom
          modprobe videodev
          modprobe v4l1_compat
          modprobe v4l2_common
          modprobe saa7146
          modprobe video_buf
          modprobe saa7146_vv
          modprobe dvb_core
          modprobe ves1x93
          modprobe dvb_ttpci
          modprobe budget_core
          modprobe budget

and to remove

          rmmod budget
          rmmod budget_core
          rmmod dvb_ttpci
          rmmod ves1x93
          rmmod dvb_core
          rmmod saa7146_vv
          rmmod video_buf
          rmmod saa7146
          rmmod v4l2_common
          rmmod v4l1_compat
          rmmod videodev
          rmmod ttpci_eeprom

Maybe you have to modify the last (upper block) and the first (lower
block) 3 lines, because i have an Siemens and a WINTV Nova Card.

Hope it helps.

Mario

ok that was it as soon as I loaded the ves1x93 driver VDR no longer terminates,
thanks for all your help, I will put this into a document the next few days so that it can be
put onto the VDR website :-)