[vdr] Re: OT: DVB-S shortcircuited , tv-out dead anyone help?

Am Samstag, 20. Dezember 2003 19:20 schrieb redband:
> I didn't think it'd be a problem until I noticed the machine had closed
> itself down.  When I restarted I found that there was no output from the
> video out or the audio out on the back of the DVB card.
> The card still receives and decodes, the video streams are still viewable
> (via the streaming plugin) but the TV out just doesn't work apart from a
> very faint signal when I plug it directly into my TV.
>
> Does anybody know if this is at all fixable?

I've overloaded my TV-out, too and I'm sorry to say that the only way to fix
it was buying a new premium card and now I am using the broken one as a
"Nova", i.e. a reception-only card.

> If not I have a DXR3 card somewhere that I have never used, it came without
> any connectors... Is the tv out connector on the back of that compatible
> with a standard s-video connector?

I'm afraid it's not. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I think this cable
that comes with the DXR3 is different from a normal s-video-to-compisite
adapter, as it doesn't work on other s-video ports.

Greetings,
Sascha