[vdr] Re: Workaround for UPT Errors

Hi Gregoire,

Gregoire Favre wrote on Thu, Dec 25 2003:

>wouldn't it be nicer and better to simply let VDR quit as proposed by
>Klaus (Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:33:42 +0200):

Yes, it would. But since the proposal has not (yet?) found it's way
into the official VDR-release, I'd have to patch each and every
upcoming release (the 1.2.x branch got quite some development)

>                           cThread::EmergencyExit(true);

Okay, that's just one simple line, not too hard to implement ;-)

>That way you could have a little script like this:

Would not even be needed, if one uses the "official" runvdr Script,
which does the functionality already.

Thank you very much for your response.

Kind regards   Frederick