[vdr] Re: EPG technical info

Am Freitag, 26. Dezember 2003 01:30 schrieb Carlos Fernandez Sanz:
> Hi,
>
> I'm starting to look into integrating full EPG support into mythtv. I know
> vdr has a pretty good support already. I wonder if there are technical
> specs on this topic or just some good reverse ingeniering.

Thanks to ETSI, the specification is freely available. Simply get the latest
ETSI EN 300 468 from www.etsi.org.

> From what I've seen in the source code, each channel carries its own
> programming via events, which would definitely explain why the EPG is slow
> as hell in the original decoder. But possibly some docs would give me a
> clearer overview than the source code - of course I'll get deeply in the
> code when I actually gets my hands dirty.
>
> Anyone, can anyone point me to the relevant documentation, if such a thing
> exists?

VDR will switch to a new library to decode the DVB SI information in the
upcoming 1.3 release. Use it, no need to reinvent the wheel. If you are
interested I can send you a current and corrected version via private mail.

The higher level code - building a database from the EI tables - is in VDR's
eit.c. You will have to read the code.

Marcel