[vdr] Re: Media-MVP Plugin

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Lars Fredriksson wrote:

> > When the MVP boots, how many of the blocks are cleared?
>
> First none, then one, then two, then one again, and two, and one again ...
>
> But if I start up the MVP server from Hauppauge on my Windows machnie,
> starts up the MVP, turns off the Windows server, and starts the
> mediamvp-plugin it works!
> So I think the problem has something to do with my dhcp or tftp server
> (should dongle.bin be in the root of my tftp-server directory?)

That sounds like a dhcpd problem especially since you mentioned in a
tftp stage. Beyond my ability to diagnose I'm afraid! You might like to
check to see that the MVP is sending out a bootp query on udp/67 or
udp/16867 (the HWC dhcp server port).

> But then i saw you .10 release - nice! But it doesnt compile ;-) i
> downloaded libdvb-0.5.3 and put it beside my VDR directory, but as fast I
> tries to compile the plugin, I get:
> g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual  -D_GNU_SOURCE -shared mediamvp.o
> setup.o i18n.o server.o app.o menuapp.o menu.o transceiver.o vdrurl.o misc.o
> remux/tsremux.o remux/ts2ps.o remux/ts2es.o  -o
> libvdr-mediamvp.so -Lmvp/ -lmvp -levent -lz -lm -L. -L../../../../libdvb/lib
> dvbmpeg -ldvbmpegtools
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.3/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/l
> d: cannot find -ldvbmpegtools
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I'll ask an obvious question, which isn't quite so obvious since I forgot
to state it in the documentation - does libdvb link to libdvbtools-0.5.3?

Back in a mo...<grin>

d.