[vdr] Re: The "pause" key

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Guy Roussin wrote:

Hi,

Suppose i record (red key) and watch a live program. At one time,
i wish to make a pause on this program.  The key "Pause"
created a new recording of the same program i already record !

Would it be possible to modify the behavior of the Pause key
when I wish to make a pause on a recording in progress ?

I believe this has already been discussed here.
Sorry.

The paused recording is supposed to start at the very point where
you pressed the pause key, while the other recording may already be
way into the programme. Plus, imagine you have programmed a recording
for, say, 20:00 to 21:00, and at 20:55 you decide to press the
pause key on that same channel. I don't think that you would expect
the original recording to be extended by three hours, would you?
I see your point. Perhaps we can ask the user for a new recording
of the same channel when he press the Pause key ?

So, IMO it makes no sense to mingle timer recordings and instant time shift.
I understand.

Thanks.

--
Guy Roussin