[vdr] VDR won't start! please HELP (or i'll start crying)

I've got REdhat 9 with kernel 4.2.19-8, a skystar2 end a Geforce 4

I finally got everything installed. linuxtv dvb-1.1.0.

everything is loaded, scan, szap work fine.

But when I run vdr nothing happens!

i've looked at /ver/log/messages and vdr reports that everything is normal.

i simply write "runvdr" in a shell and nothing happens. It seems to be stopped.

I tryed to connect to SVDRP with kvdr and it reports that the vdr daemon is not running.

Does anybody have an idea why this happens?

If I can get the skystar going in linux I'll abandon Micro$oft for ever :D

Thnx in advance.