[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.4 autopid and DVB-T

Koen De Vleeschauwer wrote:

> While playing around with vdr-1.3.4 and the "autopid" feature, I
> noticed that sometimes vdr changes channels to values which seem wrong.
>
> Questions:
> - Is my analysis correct?
> - If it's correct, has this been solved already?
> - If it hasn't been solved already, does anyone have code for vdr-1.3.4
> which dumps all PSI information?
>
> thanks.
>
> When tuning to a DVB-T transponder which emits multiple NIT's, vdr seems to sometimes select the wrong NIT.
> As a result, when you're tuned to one transponder vdr may changes parameters of other transponders to values which correspond to a different location than the one you're in.
>
> Here I have three transponders. One (834 MHz) is part of a SFN, a single frequency network. The same frequency is used throughout the
> country.
> The transponder does emit 13 NIT's, corresponding to 13 geographic regions, but all NIT's include a transponder at 834 Mhz (since it's a single frequency network).
> Right now vdr checks whether the NIT contains the frequency we're tuned to. But since the frequency is the same in all 13 regions, this test is always true.
> So vdr chooses one NIT more or less at random, and starts changing transponders based upon that choice.

Could you please modify VDR/nit.c in such a way that it completely ignores
any NITs on transponder 834MHz? Does it then use the correct NIT on other channels?

If this fixes the problem, maybe a solution would be to ignore NITs in SFNs
(provided we can figure out that a channel is part of an SFN).

Klaus