[vdr] Re: AnalogTV patch adding a sample rate setting

Hi,

> Andreas, would you mind merging this on your source?
> I need to set a sampling rate of 32 KHz to get sound from the digital
> capture of my Hauppauge WinTV card, which I access through the btaudio
> OSS module.

For my DXR3-Card I needed 48kHz sample rate, otherwise the video would play too fast. So I did two things:
- patched the analogtv-plugin to call mp1e with the correct options for 48kHz sample rate, like you did, but not configurable
- patched the btaudio driver to do upsampling from 32kHz to 48kHz if 48kHz is requested.

The btaudio patch enables me to capture sound with 48kHz in stereo. I used a simple interpolation algorithm, so it will generate some noise above 16kHz. But I could only see this on the spectrum analyzer, on my TV set I do not hear any differences. Maybe you here something on a good hifi set...

If you or anyone is interested, I could mail the patch to this list.
Greetings,
Matthias