[vdr] Streamdev Q's and A's

Hi list,

I want to run a streamdev based setup, with one server with only budget cards,
and at least 2 clients, both with a full featured card for tv-out with tuning
disabled, with 1 client having priority over the other.

First, enable suspend-tv always on server as it is headless:

streamdev.c:41
-bool cSuspendCtl::m_Active = false;
+bool cSuspendCtl::m_Active = true;

Seems to do the trick.

One question I have is about server/connection.c, function
cServerConnection::GetDevice,

Why does it not directly do
return cDevice::GetDevice( Channel, Priority, NULL );

When I change it to just do that instead, the client can browse freely,
changing channels, using up-down to change transponders as well as channel
numbers directly.

From what I understand so far, does "normal" tv viewing in VDR use priority
-1 ? The streamdev client seems to specificy priority 0 in the PROV and TUNE
calls, and thus override the server, which is what I want :-)

Server side timers of priority > 0 override live viewing on the client, which
again is what I want :-) Now if I hardcode one of the clients to use priority
"1", will that mean that client will be the dominant one (client "0" can only
view channels on same transponder), but if client 1 is off, or using another
budget card, client 0 can watch what it wants?

When a channel viewing is interrupted, is it possible to automatically tune to
an available channel instead of freezing the frame? If left for a while it
sometimes makes the DVB card unstable.

Best regards,
Dennis

PS - EPG sync does not work and sometimes crashes server, but will look into
that later :)