[vdr] Re: AC3overDVB - off for mplayer?

andreas.holzhammer@gmx.de wrote:
Playing MPEG4 through the mplayer plugin is not always possible without video stutter on my coppermine celeron 1000MHz (MediaPortal).
You do know that, in order to play MPEG4 Files with mplayer on your DVB card, your CPU needs to transcode the MPEG4 into MPEG1 ?!
Doing this on a Celeron 1Ghz can result in stuttering if the resolution is too high.
I assume you are using the mplayer.sh script?!
(http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/VDR/)
If so, lower the output resolution under XResPAL and/or XResNTSC and set SLOW_CPU="true".

Also I noticed, when using GraphLCD-0.0.7 and Mplayer on my system it results in stuttering as well.

I hope this helps,
André.