[vdr] Re: Fifo Full - Problem while OSD active (with DXR3)

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Toni Lindroos wrote:

> On Friday, February 20, 2004 11:08 AM,
> Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi> wrote:
>
> > Me too. Active OSD usage crashes VDR/DXR3 for sure. Latest dxr3-plugin
> > (0.2.2) crashes more than 0.2.1. Not quite sure which version of dxr3
> > drivers I'm currently using and its a little difficult to experiment
> > since I don't have net connection in my new place yet (thanks Elisa!).
>
> I've experienced the same problem. I don't remember any details right now
> (same fifo error messages in the log) and I haven't used VDR lately at all
> but DXR3 output was completely useless because it was crashing all the time.
> :-( Maybe it was fine for 5 minutes but then the screen got disturbed and I
> had to restart VDR. Sometimes if I waited long enough the screen normalized
> by itself but usually it didn't take much time before it was useless again.
>
> It seems that this problem is quite common.

I must add that I generally don't have any problems watching live TV or
playback, most of my problems only appear during OSD usage. Skipping
during playback of recording does seems to crash the software
occasionally, this happens more with ff or rew and less when skipping
minutes back and forth with the color keys.

Btw, free semi-OT tip: ATI Remote Wonder makes a pretty nice remote for
VDR. Can't remember if someone has mentioned it before.

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake(ät)iki.fi>  System Administrator  http://iki.fi/jake/