[vdr] Re: Howto place multiple recordings to one DVD?

                                                   To:   vdr@linuxtv.org
                                                   cc:   (bcc: Peter Dittmann/WET/COMP/PHILIPS)
                                                   Subject:    [vdr] Re: Howto place multiple recordings to one DVD?

               "Andreas Breitenbach"               Classification:
               <lists@Breitenbach-sc.de

>Hi,
>
>peter.dittmann@philips.com wrote:
>> Anyway I'm working on the Philips code for an automotive system and it seems an internal race condition in the code.
>> It tries to pause the still-picture-VOBS at it's end but realises that the presentation thread is allready finished.
>> So it end up in error correction which means it's skipping to the next VOBS. Which in turn goes to the next menu.
>> It seems some kind of design error caused by extremely short VOBS + the sequence in VMGM_PGCI_UT

>Can you point out where in the code this issue is?
The race condition is in the player not in DVDAuthor.
I made my player code accepting what DVDAuthor produces.

The post was more to support that the Philips player has a problem/bug rather than DVDAuthor.
Other tested players (e.g. ESS chip based) have no problems with these menues.

regards  Peter