key in recording playback mode. After upgrading to gdb 6.0
debugging works again and I can try to find out more. The call stack is

(gdb) where
#0  0x0807aa19 in cDvbPlayer::Action() (this=0x83d91a0) at
ringbuffer.h:92
#1  0x080a73f8 in cThread::StartThread(cThread*) (Thread=0x83d91ac) at
thread.c:143
#2  0x40044974 in start_thread () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0

The problematic line in ringbuffer.h is

  int Index(void) const { return index; }

I'm quite clueless in debugging C++ so I don't know what's the problem.
The debugger says index is "(cIndexFile *)" which at crash point seems
to point to a struct with fields f, filename, size, last, index,
resumeFile, mutex. Shouldn't it be a normal int instead as the type for
Index() suggests? Does this cause the crash, is variable index messed up
somewhere?

Br,
Seppo