[vdr] Re: MVP - nearly there

Hi,

I have a 'Cyberhome' CD player which will play MPEG files straight from a CD ROM filesystem. It plays programme stream files fine, but won't play vdr files.

The VDR file has to be converted from a PES to a PS for it to play - this adds in extra clocks which the decoder appears to need. If I don't do this then the  time counter runs at about twice the correct speed, and only the odd video frame appears, plus the occasional slice.

I'd say therefore that you might have to convert the vdr file into a Programme Stream or Transport Stream file before the decoder might play it.

Colin