[vdr] Re: EPIA card

Leonardo Borelli wrote:

I have configured a client-server application using streamdev plugin. On my client i have a DVB card(not DXR3). All works. I'm asking: is it possible to use such a configuration without using neither DVB nor DXR3 card on the client? For instance by using a EPIA card plus MPEG2 decoder?
The author of the softdevice plugin says in the README that this is his goal.
I've read on the dvb and directfb mailing-lists recent discussions (2003-02) about using the hardware MPEG-2 decoder of the EPIA-M motherboards. I don't know if the code is released yet.
Keep us informed ! That's a really interesting setup to test and use.

NH