[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.6

Rene Bartsch wrote:
What about powering down unused frontends? This would save a lot of current and heat - even if BTX is coming up ;-)
I totally agree.
My vdr is always on, but I have configured the disks to spin down
when not in use.
If that concept can be applied to other components as well - excellent!

I do not know if the following still applies to modern LNBs: some
old LNBs had to be powered on all the time to minimize thermal drift.
So I guess the feature would have to be configurable.

Carsten.