[vdr] Re: Feature Request: VDR server online times programmable

Teemu Mantymaki wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> Hello List.
>> When using a vdr server it is normaly running 24h a day.
>> I think the energy consumption for a standard system is about
>> 200W*24h*30=144kWh per Month ( ~43Euro in Germany ) !

Well that sounds a bit exaggerated. One kWh here is around 14 - 16 cents, so
144 would be order of 22 EUR/Month (still very expensive).

Also, 200W consumtion is rather much... I don't know Linux well enough to
say whether the disks can be spun down & the processor throttled a bit,
should save some power.

> I must say that that is quite expensive in Germany. 144 KWh costs
> 4-8.4 eur here in Finland (depending on time and company who offers
> the energy)

I envy you... ;-)