[vdr] Re: Free-to-air (unscrambled) channels in France ?

Le mar 30/03/2004 à 13:20, Nicolas Huillard a écrit :

> I would simply like to watch and record the 5 national TV channels (TF1,
> F2, F3, Arte, M6) plus maybe others as a bonus.
> Is there a free-to-air broadcast of these channels, and what satellite
> does provide them ?
> (I heard that these channels are part of TPS and CanalSat, but are
> scrambled).
> I wonder if I should buy a card with or without a Common Interface (CI)
> and a Conditionnal Access Module (CAM) with the smart card provided by
> the broadcaster.

The easy answer is "use the box provided by TPS" you can hack it to
programme other free to air channels instead of the pathetic selection
provided.

If you want a PVR then you need a DVB-S with a card slot and then you
have to get TPS or CS and their box comes with the subscription
anyway...

Arte is on Eutelsat I think.

I have an analog sat tuner for TF1 and company and a digital card for
free to air. Both tuners share a motorised dish at the moment but a
second DiSEqC 1.2 motorised dish is on the short list.

So then she can watch Michel Drucker and me the BBC =:-p

Cheers
Tony Grant

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit