[vdr] Re: any ten minutes restarting vdr

Am Sonntag, 4. April 2004 16:44 schrieb Martin Schoenbeck:
> some further observations. I programmed four recordings on four
> different transponders running four hours, to block all cards from doing
> idle tasks. During this four hours no restart happened, while the
> longest time without restart was otherwise 90 minutes. And timely 9
> minutes and 50 seconds after this four timers stopped, the vdr crashed.
>
> So what I guess is, that there is a problem with the idle processing.
> Perhaps something, what's done after scanning all transponders or what's
> done on a special transponder, is wrong.

Look into the thread further below (Strange SEGFAULT in libsi/si.h). Should be
the same problem we both have here :-). You can try to confirm that the crash
is reproducable in ~80% of all cases if you switch to Bloomberg TV Germany,
VIVA Plus or QVC (be patient for a minute after switching).

Greetings,
Sascha