[vdr] Re: Jittery replay

Ora Järvinen <vdr@oraweb.de> wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > This looks more like a problem with 'postfix' than with VDR.
>
> This is probably not the right place for this, but why do I have it
> anyway? Until now I had no idea what postfix is - seems to be some
> kind of a mail agent (which I never knowingly installed - I'm
> basically running the c't distribution).

maybe they thought it would be a good idea to have an mailserver on the
videorecorder? ;-)

> And why would postfix make replaying recordings jittery?

i could be that there is some problem that makes postfix doing lots of
things and eating your cpu and/or ram. this can lead to poor vdr
performance. first i would try to disable postfix. (hint: /etc/rc.d/*)

clemens