[vdr] Re: Enhancing vdr UI usability

Mike Frisch wrote:

> Disclaimer: I am very pleased with the basic operation and performance
> of VDR, I simply want to make it more friendly to use from a remote
> control.
>
> I would like to have the user interface of vdr to more resemble that of
> a common satellite receiver/STB.  Essentially, the functionality of
> things like the Red/Green/Yellow/Blue buttons would be replaced with
> on-screen menus/buttons for selecting options.

I'm afraid I can't follow you there: you actually find it more user friendly
to press a button to open a submenu, select an option from there and press
"Ok", than to simply press a single color button?

I find the color button feature very useful and don't plan to change that.

> Regarding an EPG/IPG, I would like to see something in the grid format
> that we've grown accustomed to in consumer electronics devices.

I believe there is a plugin that does this.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index