[vdr] Re: Driver or VDR Problem setting and jusageing cutmarks on Nexus 2.1

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 10:09:28PM +0200, Andreas Share wrote:

> > Klaus
>
> Sorry,
>
> i have tested the patch, but it does not work for me. I have the same
> problem as before....if i use the nptl enabled glibc pthread libs (/lib/i686
> & /lib/tls) the rcu expansion does not work anymore (hang) and all vdr
> threats runīs at least with only one pid. I dont have tested setting and
> moving cutmarks....

Normally the threads based on NPTL do have only one process and therefore
only one pid.  This is the reason why for signal handling the masks have to
be set appropiate for each thread and the process to be sure that the
thread which should reveive a signal does get it (-> POSIX requires this).
The simple way as for the old pthread does not work ... or better the
result is not predictable within NPTL.

Which kernel (including patches) and which glibc version
(including patches) are you running?

      Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/