[vdr] Re: SkyStar2 card and VDR ?

Valent wrote:

Hi. I have SkyStar 2 DVB card. First is it possible to watch satellite
program on it with VDR?
Sure, it is.

Second; I have Fedora Core 2 with kernel 2.6.5. 2.6 kernels come with already compiled skystar2 module. Is this a
problem for VDR? Does VDR work only with DVR module that is there on web
page for download? Do I need to compile that module or is mine
skystar2.ko ok?
I suppose so: I'm using the precompiled modules that came with one of mandrake's kernel (2.6.5), so I think that fedora's ones should work as well.
From time to time I have to remove and reload the modules, otherwise I cannot tune to any channel.
Remember to insert also the module for the frontend (in my case is mt312, but it depends on the version of the card).

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -