[vdr] Re: EPG bugfix statistics

Probably Digita doesn't 'type' anything into EPG fields, they just operate the broadcast network? Of course they would and should monitor the EPG-fields and require them to be as in standards. And do something if they aren't.

Also for example in Yle, they probably use software from vendor 'X'. Software has UI that asks for "EPG text". The software encodes it to shorttext and description EPG-fields. So is it Yle's fault (except using that vendor X's 'broken' DVB-encoding software)?

I cannot imagine anything else, because the error (Fix #7) is so systematic.

Well, that was just a though.

BR, Jori Hämäläinen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index