[vdr] Re: easy Time-Shifting

Sir James Laughalot wrote:

I think we are looking for somewhat the same thing. I am suggesting that vdr
constantly be recording whatever channel we happen to be on that way if you
see something you need to see again or want to share with someone else you
can always rewind .. (timeshifting) to that spot .. while vdr continues to
dump the real time video to the same temp file. This action should not
create a regular recording that you find in your recordings folder /video.
Unless of course you hit record while watching a show .. at that point vdr
could move the contents of the temp file (the 30 or 60 min buffer) to the
/video dir. I can't seem to find any negative points to haven this option.
Especially if it can be turned off if you don't happen to have the HD space
required.
Hmmm, I don't think we mean the same... It is almost impossible to record all channels in advance. I want to start time-shifting by myself, I don't need a buffer. But I only want to start and stop time-shifting without the need to delete or stop any recording. U know?

It would be great if a coder could look into this, I personally don't speak any word of C++. :(

Regards,
Floh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index