[vdr] Re: OSD and patterns

hello,

Klaus Schmidinger writes:

 > Well, you've done a lot of work here and I hate to just dismiss it,
 > but I still don't see the point in it. Quite the opposite: to me this
 > "refcount" stuff looks just like an invitation to have the OSD accessed
 > from various places. There shall be only _one_ who creates, uses and
 > finally destroys the OSD. Only he knows about the structure of the OSD,
 > what is displayed where etc. So I'll stay with the method as it is.

No problem.  Given that there should only exist one cOsd at a time,
bugs in deleting the cOsd will probably come into light pretty soon,
so reference counting for this object can be an overkill.

Btw.  in cTextScroller::Reset(void)

there is

 osd = NULL;

If this method is called so that originally there exists a cOsd, the
cOsd would be left out of control, I guess.  I do not know if this is
the case, but you can probably say if a change to

    delete osd;
    osd = NULL;

 would be needed.

yours,