[vdr] Re: streamdev TS multicast

Am Freitag, 25. Juni 2004 12:00 schrieb Paolo Scaffardi:
> Hi there...
> ...i am trying to patch streamdev to start TS udp multicast streams (like
> the one streammed by VideoLan server) instead of unicast TCP using the same
> VTP protocol and PORT command (multicast streams are sent if destination
> HOST address is a multicast address).

The class cStreamdevStreamer and it's child classes manage the transfer of the
data. Mainly the data is read, converted (maybe) and finally sent to a
cTBSocket object. That happens in the Action() method of cStreamdevStreamer
(can be found in server/streamer.[ch]). The cTBSocket object is given to the
streamer on creation. So the easiest procedure would be to derive a new class
from cTBSocket (or cTBSource, which is the base class of all IO-Classes)
which implements the TimedWrite method and does it's multicast transfer
there.

Additionally, you would have to modify the command methods in server/
connectionVTP.c (CmdPORT et al) to create your derivation of the cTBSource
class instead of the default, TCP-based cTBSocket and give that to the newly
created streamer class.

> I dont know streamdev architecture, so we ask you: where should i start
> putting my code to do it in the simplest way?
>
> Thank you for your precisous help.

Sorry for asking, but why the hell are you a) responding to a totally
unrelated post instead of creating a new one and b) quoting the whole
original post below your message without ANY reference to it?

Greetings,
Sascha

Home | Main Index | Thread Index