[vdr] Re: Troubles with DVB-C boards

> My stb embed two DVB-C : one is a full featured, the other is a budget card.
> The problem is that sometimes (it happens randomly) when I try to record
> something on a FTA channel, VDR create an empty recording and does nothing.

This sounds much like the common "video data stream broken" error
(look for that topic in the list archive, or in the linux-dvb archive
too). The cause is very likely a software bug, either in the drivers
or in VDR, which has not been fully identified by now. The symptom is
that recording fails (leaving an empty 001.vdr file and vdr exits
after 30 seconds) when starting a recording while EPG scan is active
on a two-card system.

Olaf

Home | Main Index | Thread Index