[vdr] Re: Problems with EPG on Sat.1, Kabel1 and maybe others

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Patrick Cernko wrote:

>Weinberger Andreas wrote:
>>
>> perhabs you want to read
>> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=20472
>> (german only); seem slike pro7sat1 media ag cutted the epg
>> infos because of abuse from commercial services.
>>

>For those of you not speaking german but interested in this discussion:
>
>The thread in this forum explains, that the broadcasters "disturb" their
>EPG knowingly to avoid unauthorized missuse by commercial third parties.
>
>My comment:
>
>ARRRG!!! Damn it! :-(

Complain to the broadcasters, write articles to magazines and newspapers
and generally bad-mouth them, maybe they'll change their ways. We have a
similar situation here in Finland where the company that takes care of
digital broadcasts is utterly ignorant and just won't fix problems.

I think DVB is a standard that no broadcaster is clued enough to implement
correctly.

--
  Shadwell hated all southerners and, by inference, was standing at the
  North Pole.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index