If a channel is encrypted but not declared as such in channels.conf (for whatever reason, maybe because this channel never had enough strengh and thus VDR didn't receive any data ever), the plugin doesn't crash.
I've been tested the plugin here without antenna signal (channels don't get the lock) and I didn't experience any crashes.. *knock* *knock*

(gdb) bt
#0 0x080c8049 in cSkinClassicDisplayMessage::cSkinClassicDisplayMessage ()
#1 0x080c84a2 in cSkinClassic::DisplayMessage ()
#2 0x080c9c96 in cSkins::Message ()
#3 0x080885d0 in cDevice::SwitchChannel ()
#4 0x408afd80 in cFemonOsd::ProcessKey () from /usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-femon.so.1.3.12
#5 0x080ddd76 in main ()
Versions :
* VDR 1.3.12
* femon 0.1.4
* softdevice 0.0.7 CVS (checkout tonight)
The femon doesn't use skins, but opens the raw osd. There might be problems to open osd for messages if any plugin is using the raw osd. Softdevice related? Any weird patches applied?

--
rofa

Home | Main Index | Thread Index