[vdr] Re: How das GRAB work?

On 06.08.2004 12:21, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
> Am Freitag, 6. August 2004 11:50 schrieb Matthias Schniedermeyer:
> > In syslog i first got "ERROR: /dev/video0: No such file or directory".
> > That's correct /dev/video0 is from the "stoneage".
> > So i symlinked dvb/adapter0/video0. Now i get
> > "ERROR: /dev/video0: Device or resource busy"
>
> If you consider decoded full frames "stoneage", then I wonder if you read the
> matrix code directly... /dev/dvb/adapter0/video0 is certainly the wrong
> device, you could as well symlink /dev/video0 to a cd-rom device. Consider
> creating the real /dev/video0 device node instead.

That was the hint i needed. :-)

After looking on another of my computers what device video0 was (81 0) i
created the same video0 and now it works.

I tought that only the "old" drivers/vdr used /dev/video0 ((nearly) 4
years ago when i first used vdr it used /dev/video0. Later the drivers
changed to the dvb/adapter<x>/... files so i thought that video0 was the
same(tm) as the /dev/video0)

Bis denn