[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] VirtualSTB

Lauri Tischler wrote:

Alfred Zastrow wrote:

Lauri Tischler wrote:

My point is mainly
- vdr is replacement for 'standard' STB-box
- STB-box stays on 24/7

  - and it doen't hase a mouse connected   :-)

No STB-box that I know has, keyboard or mouse or monitor
(except TV) connected.  The beast is controlled via ir-remote,
like any stb, and configured/programmed using ssh/telnet or
whatever via net.
2 keyboards, 2 monitors, one mouse, IR and bluetooth (assuming you mean a vdr box since you're talking about configuration via ssh) ...
Now you know at least one :)

Btw, I think this is a nice project and I really don't understand your point in making it look bad. If you dont like it then dont use it.

Did you ever try to do kernel development and alike? I'm sure if you did then you'd appreciate the possibilities of running stuff inside virtual machines like vmware. Its for sure a nice project to develop / debug stuff (which you obviously wont do on a stb).

kind regards -ph-

Home | Main Index | Thread Index