[vdr] Re: [Patch] starting section handler after the first tuneinstead during vdr start

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

That's odd...

I would expect the "wait for lock" stuff in the section handler
to enable section handling even later than the original patch
did, so I don't see why this would be any worse than just moving
the StartSectionHandler() call.

Are you sure that this would not have happened with the original
patch? I tend to doubt that...
The "1st" lock seems to be not stable.

I often observe after a channel switch:

- black screen for a part of a second during switching
- a picture appears for a part of a second
- a black screen appears for a part of a second
- picture appears again and stays

Regarding reliability:
I had the most stable system with the patch of AS and the bsrv2 frontenddriver (see my Mail in dvb-ML)

Alfred

BTW. There is a define "WAIT_FOR_LOCK_AFTER_TUNING" in dvbdevice.c. This was set to "1" by me, also in the sources where I applied your patch.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index