[vdr] Re: softdevice compile

Am Freitag, 13. August 2004 20:09 schrieb Peace Monk:
> Now that you said that, I went to the VDR directory, did make plugins-lean,
> and make plugins.  It compiles all my old plugins, but not
> softdevice.<BR> <BR>
> 1. I have the softdevice dir as a link.&nbsp; Should I copy it instead?<BR>

You need to symlink the plugin's source directory to PLUGINS/src/softdevice
(no -version or so). Where it is actually located doesn't matter.

> 2. Do I need to apply any patches to VDR?<BR>

Don't think so

> 3. Do I need to rename the softdevice-0.0.7pre2 dir?<BR>

No, only symlink it (see above)

The compile procedure is also described in PLUGINS.html (which is not only a
developer information).

BTW, @Stefan: I think I mention "make plugins" in all my README's :-))

Greetings,
Sascha