[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: Test of AV7110 firmware with AC3 loop through

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 09:23:31PM +0200, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> just a small question, is it supposed to works with DD receiver that
> don't work with AC3overDVB ?

No, this can not happen. I've not found any solution to set the second
status bit (for nonlinear PCM) within the S/P-DIF stream.  This seems
to be a hardware problem.  In other words any receiver which does not
check for the magic PCM words of ISO/IEC61937 audio streams within
a S/P-DIF aka ISO/IEC60958 transport stream even if this bit isn't
set will loose.

> I have tested it with my 2.6.8-rc4 kernel using ttpci-firmware, with a
> recording made from ZDF which vdrsync.pl tells me it has AC3 :
>
> audio stream bd info (AC3_audio):
> Sample frequency:    48000
> Bitrate:             448000
> Mode:                2/0
> Frame length (bytes) 1792
> Frame length (ticks) 2880 (90000 / sec)
> App. Size (bytes)    1984640
>
> And my DD receiver just stay in Pro Logic, and don't go to DD...
>
> I would really enjoy if I could get ride of my soundcard (especially
> know that I can't get AC3 working with it for a few days...) :-)

Sorry but it does not look like that the AV7110 would be able to
produce modern consumer S/P-DIF.

        Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/