[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.5.2 plugin

Hi,

syrius.ml@no-log.org wrote:

I'm using xine's ToggleAspectRatio command to change the aspect ratio
while watching TV.
I'm not used to ToggleAspectRatio. Is it DXR3 related? Please give more details.

Could it be possible for the OSD to not be affected ? (size)
It could if I take into account the stream's / frame's aspect ratio.

I don't have any knowlegde on how it internally works, i guess it's
not as easy. Any comment ?
xine blends the OSD into each frame (one OSD pixel is maped to one video pixel). Therefore the OSD is displayed wider in case of a 16:9 broadcast.

I've already implemented OSD scaling for the case where image resolution is not 720x576 (e. g. VIVA broadcasts 480x576) so it would be not that complicated to adjust the formula and also apply it for 16:9 broadcast.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de