[vdr] Re: New firmware 0.9 for AC3 replay support

On 28 Oct 2004 "Dr. Werner Fink" <werner@suse.de> wrote:

Hi,

>        I've just finished my work on the dvb-ttpci
> firmware.  During implementation of AC3/DTS replay
> feature I've fixed or changed several points in the
> firmware:

I did some tests and not all things are working as I would
expect.

Using:
Rev 2.1 card
kernel 2.4.27
dvb-kernel (for 2.4.x) CVS from 20.08.2004
AC3 firmware 0.9 (261d)
vdr 1.3.14
mp3 0.9.7

When using vdr-1.3.14 with your supplied patch:
-AC3 plays fine
-MP3 plugin doesn't play audio
-it's impossible to select non-AC3 audio streams if the recording
 contains AC3 (e.g. 0xC1 stream)

When using vdr-1.3.14 with your supplied patch, but disabling AC3
replay (i.e. by not allowing hasdolby=true in dvbplayer.c):
-0xC0 stream plays fine, when switching to 0xC1 stream there is
 no more audio.
-MP3 plugin doesn't play audio

When using plain vdr-1.3.14:
-0xC0 stream plays fine, when switching to 0xC1 stream there is
 no more audio.
-MP3 plugin doesn't play audio

When using vdr-1.3.14 with AC3overDVB patch:
-0xC0 stream plays fine, when switching to 0xC1 stream there is
 no more audio.
-With encapsulated AC3 stream (LPCM stream) video locks after
 some seconds. No audio.
-MP3 plugin doesn't play audio

Regards.

--