[vdr] Re: [ANNUNCE] Loadepg-0.1.0

Patrick Gleichmann wrote:
On 5. Feb 2005, at 22:49 Uhr, Grégoire Favre wrote:

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 04:44:35PM +0100, tinconn@virgilio.it wrote:

All I manage is to have the xine/VDR OSD with:
Loadepg and a Wait load epg data that seems to stay forever without any
change ??? How long is it supposed to last (I have waited about ten
minutes) ?

Hi,
the progressbar should actually advance. It takes about 2 mins to load all the Canal+ MH-EPG on my VDR.
That's pretty fast: it take at least 10 minutes here (note that I'm not using the plugin but the standalone version[*] scheduled to run at night, but I see they use the same method: dump the epg to a file and then make vdr read it[**])

[*] I had to remove the filtering of special characters since otherwise I would lose all accented characters. Doing nothing at all (i.e. leave everything as it comes) works perfectly here. I see that the plugin also filters special characters the same way the standalone script does.

[**] why doesn't the plugin manipulates events directly? I understand that an external script using svdrp has no other option, but a plugin should be able to do better (as a side note, maybe it's also possible to create events as they're received instead of storing them in an intermediate buffer).

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -