From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of Dr. Werner Fink
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 1:34 PM
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Re: DD AC3 and 1.3.19 broken?

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 10:05:12AM +0200, Kent Nielsen wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> Have to say, it is really good answer, but I can't conclude what should
> be done (can anything be done)?
>
> I'm using full-freatured DVB card (rev. 1.5).  So the first problem is
> not my problem? ("in the firmware of the FF DVB card I've not found any
> way to set the non-audio bit in the status of the S/P-DIF stream").
>
> So my problem is in the DTT3500 receiver, it does not scan for the
> magics
> shorts defined in ISO/IEC61937.  As it works with bitstreamout plugin,
> wouldn't it be wise to include that functionality in VDR also?

As already said: the DVB FF cards are not able to mark their
S/P-DIF out as non-audio PCM (for e.g. AC3 copressed data).
The questions is:

     Does your receiver work together with the old AC3ovdrDVB
     patch for e.g. vdr 1.3.17?

Nevertheless, the non-audio PCM structure for putting AC3 copressed
data to the receiver are all the same in the AC3ovdrDVB patch, the
new firmware 0x261d, and the bitstreamout plugin.

Currently I've not time to move bitstreamout plugin forwared to
VDR 1.3.20, sorry.

        Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/