[vdr] vdr-1.3.18: DolbyDigital "stuttering" sound

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
C.Y.M wrote:

Taking this into consideration, is the DD/AC3 in vdr-1.3.20 currently optimized for 2MB or 4MB FF cards?

With 192 it works fine here on my 4MB card.

Is it the general consensus that everyone has modified their cards with additional memory? I have also had several friends ask me why the DD/AC3 is "stuttering" and coincidentally they all use 2MB cards. I have also noticed an additional problem in which I am uncertain if its related to the optimization of the memory on the FF cards. But, it seems that *sometimes* if I start to playback a recording in vdr and then immediately press "stop", vdr will crash. Almost as if its filling the AC3/DD buffer then canceling it before it has a chance to know what to do next. Since I disabled the DD/AC3 in vdr-1.3.20, the problems seem to have gone away.

Best Regards,
C.Y.M.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index