[vdr] Re: Corruption of channels.conf

In <42093F29.6040602@cadsoft.de>, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Tony Houghton wrote:
> >
> >I think it also creates some duplicate channels. And sometimes the
> >frequency is in Hz, sometimes in KHz, which another person suggested
> >might be why it's creating duplicates. Should I try using Hz throughout?
> >I'll probably have to patch scan for that.
>
> What "scan" are you referring to?

The tool that comes with linuxtv-dvb-apps. I use it because it
automatically inserts Freeview (UK DVB-T service) channel numbers which
are easier to use than the ones it uses otherwise. And I can filter out
scrambled channels and any others I'm not interested in.

> If you actually have set channel updating to 0 in VDR, then no (duplicate)
> channels can be created.

I'm sure it's stayed at 0 since I first set it, but that hasn't stopped
it changing channels.conf, today almost as soon as I started it up one
time. Perhaps there's something about the output of the scan tool it
doesn't like. Maybe I should start it with a blank channels.conf (will
that work?), force a scan, then add Freeview numbers and sort and prune
manually.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index