[vdr] black screen after recording and playing back at same time

Palko Jukka wrote:
On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 10:14:47PM -0800, C.Y.M wrote:

While testing vdr-1.3.20, I have started to have a major problem with my kernel crashing (total lockup and forced hard reset). This is how I reproduce the problem:

1) Record a show on a timer
2) Playback a recording *while* vdr is recording something
3) Stop the playback of the recording and instead of vdr returning to live-tv, it just shows a black screen.
4) Start and stop the playback of the recording a few more times and I get an irq oops with a full lockup (forcing me to hard reset).

No lockup on my digibox (1 FF dvb-t) using 2.6.9-gentoo-r13, but if I do the
following:
1) Make a timer for a show
2) Playback a recording when vdr is not yet recording
3) When recording starts, the screen goes black, but sound and even
   dvb-subtitles plugin give still output.
4) Stop playback, restart it and no problems unless another recording
   starts during playback again...

Though, this problem I have been having with my current vdr 1.3.18 +
dvb-subtitles 0.3.6:
1) Watch a channel that needs dvb-subtitles
2) recording starts for another channel that is not in the same
   frequency area
3) vdr doesn't switch to the correct channel, but records happily the
   channel that I was watching

While testing this on a two card system, the black screen was easily reproducible but not the total lockup. This may be specific to a single FF card setup. I can not reproduce this to with vdr-1.3.17+safe threading patches.

My system is a single FF DVB-S card with vdr-1.3.20. Perhaps having a dvb-t is not the same? Also, you mention using 1.3.18.. are you testing with 1.3.20 as well?

Regards,

Home | Main Index | Thread Index