[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.18: DolbyDigital "stuttering" sound

Hallo Klaus,

> >>VDR/transfer.c in

> >>values, depending

> > Yes, that could be a possible solution, but it would be a
> lot easier to
> > test if I did not have to recompile everytime I chose other
> values ;)
> > Could any one please do that programming for me ? and I
> will then test
> > this.
>
> There won't be such a setup option!
> If a higher value helps for 2MB cards, I'll make it use that value
> automatically. This buffer is just a workaround, anyway, and I don't
> want to manifest it with yet another setup option.

No problem :) important was to know where to change things.

> > I presume I have to change 192 to a higher value.
>
> Yes.

As also Chad Flynt has reported higher values do help! I did only have 1
hour time to test and only tried 224, 256 and 272.

224 is not enough. 256 does not allways help but it is definetly better
:) only had time to try 272 once and it seemed worse that 256, but I did
not have time to restart VDR and retry. I will try 384 tonight and see
if it is better :)

Greetings
Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index